Monday, September 13, 2010

190.6-exercise, walking, going to kindergarten

pedometer steps for today17636
calories for today-1210


I reallytried to get in extra steps today because sof the chinese food yesterday.  and I really worked hard at it.  So hard infact that now after 5 hours my knees are swollen and achy.  I don't think it is going to work out to be extra steps if I have to let tomorrow exercises off because of the hurting knees. 

I had talapia today.  That is my favorite    fish.  I wish it were cost less i would have it several times a week.. All I do is salt and pepper, and just slow cook it in  a little olive oil then when it is done,I very very lightly brush a little butter over the fish. It is tasty and not many calories at all.  I had it with 5 brussle sprouts, 6 okra, a 1 cup serving of broccoli,  a little homemade cucumber relish, 1/4 cup of squash.  I felt pleasantly full, and I was very pleased with my choices.  The food was very good.

I had read that if you continue to eat vegetables you will eventually get to the point that you actually enjoy the taste.  I never did care for vegetables much -I was a meat and potatoe and sweets and more sweets girl.  But it is true I am getting to the point that I honestly am starting to enjoy the taste.  Well let me clarify a bit.  I do not like collards or turnips of spinach.   I can tolerate cabbage.  My husband likes the greens and dwhen I make them I always eat some because I know that they are super loaded with antioxidants.  But I don't like them.   

I saw so many things on the path today.  Yellow butterflys and I think I saw a monarch  Maybe not but it sure reminded me of pictures I had seen of monarchs.  I saw lizards and a squirrel.  I heard a loud crashing through the bushes and I think {I hope, I hope}  it was a deer.  And birds chirping and flying and singing to me as I walked by the trees they were sitting in.  I love nature.  The air smells so sweet, and the only cars you hear is the occasional horn in the distance. 

Tomorrow morning dh and I are going to kindergarten.  lol  IT is "grits for grandparents" day and we are going to eat breakfast with our youngest grandson.  He just turned 5 and I really miss him..   I have been watching him for my daughter and her husband since he was 6 weeks old.  For a few years they would bring him to me and then come get him in the evening but when gas went up a few years ago they starteed leaving him here for several days at the time.  Now he goes to school and I don't get to see him very often.  I am not going to miss this chance to see him and let him know that we love him.

Soon I am going to finish up everything on the computer, my blog and emails and facebook etc. and then I am going to watch a little tv with dh.  He loves to watch antique roadshow.   I don't enjoy it that much but I do enjoy being with him..


Sleep will everyone
God bless

No comments:

Post a Comment