Friday, September 17, 2010

187.8--grandson is here-steamed veggies

calories for today-1370
pedometer steps-11965


I did not get as much exercise in today, grandbaby came and we all know what is most important.  I was told once that all a man is when he dies is the memories that he leaves behind.  I really want my husband, children and grandchildren to remember that I loved them.  I may not keep a scrupously clean house or cook like a highly paid chef but i got on the floor tonight and plant blocks with grandson.  We built robots out of his blocks and then we turned all the  bad robots into ggood guys.    Now he is playing at my feet with my paints.  Tomorrow we are going to paint my tiny ceramic houses.  I know that he will probably make a mess, and the houses may not be very pretty but we will make good memories.

I had steamed vegetables today.  Sometime ago I received in the mail one of those steam and microwave plastic pouches .  I did not think I would like it but it was delicious.  I am not overly fond of using plastic so I did some research and found out that I can put the vegetables in a shallow bowl and then cover with a plate and the vegetables would taste the same  and you know it does.  I really does taste the same. and it is delicious.  Easy to fix very little clean up and the veggies have that fresh just from the garden taste to them. 

Tomorrow i am going to put a pork roast in the crock pot.  I will add a little carrots and potatoes and some onion and I will have a hearty and delicious dinner for Sunday.  I do not like to cook on Sunday-I feel like that is the Lords day and I need to plan ahead so that I do not have to do to much on Sundays except worship.So far it has worked out well.  There have been many sundays that dh has went to the closest restaurant and then he has left overs for Mondays.  I am glad he does not mind leftovers.   Some people hates eating leftovers. 

My brother has left my moms house.  He has gone to the closest hotel and so trashy but he told her he was going to pick up a woman and take her to the motel with him.  I just thought that was nasty and so trashy.   Mom seems to be a little happier since he left.    What we will do is my sister and I will take turns staying at moms house so that she can be comfortable in her own place and yet she will not be alone.   It seems to be the best solution under the circumstances.  I don't think it will be very much longer.  She is 84 and she does have a lot of health problems ... I want her last days to be as stress free as possible. 

Thats all for tonight
sleep well everyone
and God Bless

No comments:

Post a Comment