Thursday, August 7, 2008

The Yellow Jackets got me

(grab a cup of coffee and get comfortable this is almost a novel)Hello


Remember the bees that bit me?Dh went around spraying everything he could find and he rechecked the ground to find the nests. Monday morning I was out mowing and we finally found the ground nest the hard and painful way. It was yellow jackets and they swarmed all over me. Dh had jury duty that morning so he had not left for work yet (it was early) and he heard me screaming and rushed outside, he saw the YJackets swarming and biting me. He pulled me into the back yard and sprayed me with water but they were not letting go. They bit and stung. They had gotten under my shirt and up my pants legs.

I began pulling my clothes off and the water was not making them let go. So dh began knocking them off with his hands. He got bit twice.

We came inside and I called the dr. I could barely talk much less drive so dh called the courthouse and told them what had happened and he took me to the dr. I was bit 25 to 30 times. I am still a little swollen even though I got a shot and some pills to take. My body is so sluggish and tired feeling I suppose that is from the poisen that the Yjackets put in me.

Grandbaby had a 3 yr. checkup with the dr monday morning and dd called right before she left her house and she just did catch us. She kept her appointment (baby is in the upper percentile in all areas -even to how much he knows academically) and then she headed toward lake city to find us. She finally was able to get through to dh cell phone and found out everything and she came back to the house and stayed with me while dh got the meds.

After we came back from the dr.s dh started looking for the nest, and he found it. He filled the hole with gasoline and set it on fire. When it cooled down he dug it up and found the nest with tiny eggs all in it. he poured gas on that and set it on fire. He said it looked just like a wasp nest but it was under ground.

Son in law took off of work on Tuesday so he could keep the baby, so I could rest a little better but that evening the electricity went off att heir house and he called and asked if he could bring the baby over to spend the night because it was just too hot there for him. Of course I said yes bring him on to me. So baby has been here since Monday afternoon and mostly all I have done is put him in front of the tv and doze in my chair. About every 5 minutes he says I go sit in Granmas lap. He crawls up and sits there about 30 seconds. The meds make me very sleepy.

When my sister found out what hapened she called and saied for me to bring grandbaby to her. I put on my happy voice and said it is no problem for him to stay here. I enjoy his company. No way would I want him to go to her house. She is such an braggart, the last time she came here she took 5 minutes just to tell grandbaby about all the toys that Katie has. He is young and probably does not understand but what is it going to be like when he gets older and she is telling him how they have a 4 wheeler at their house and a big swimming pool, etc.

I just reread your email and I wanted you to know that I am praying about whatever it is that is making you sad. I do not have to know what it is, God knows and that is all that matters. I am praying for you and your faimly.

I am glad your son came home and I know you are enjoying his visit.


No need to worry about the cake-There was not much left, everyone bragged on how good it was and several of the adults made a point of coming to me after church and telling me how much they enjoyed it.

The train track that we bought was a small one and it was not one of those that have the power ? in the track. The train had a battery and you cut the train on and it pulls the other trains. It was only well I can't remember but I do know it was less than 20 dollars.

Ron did go with Jeni the other day and seh said dthey both enjoyed it.

My neighbor lady, sits on the same pew as I do at church, has a bedroom suit that they no longer use and she wanted to get rid of it. She asked if I thought dd would like it for g-baby and she said yes. It has a huge dresser and mirror and a chest of drawers, a double bed mattres and box springs that has barely been used. Her and her husband bought the set for their daughtrer and their dd was grown. Shortly after they bought it their dd moved into a furnished apartment and so it has been very gently used. They gave it to grandson. I offered them some money for it but they would not take it.


I need ot go and at least set in the family room with the baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment