Friday, August 31, 2007

WHY do I love the Lord?

I was just reading this question on another site and I decided that I would just put that question here.

I really don't have enough space or time to go into the depths of why I love the Lord but I will try because I do tell Him often that I love Him.

1.I love him because at a time when I did not believe in Him he still loved me, The robber could have very easily shot me but he did not. I believe the Lord had His protection hand on me even then -5 yrs. before I got saved.

2. I love Him becasue He has given to me peace like I have never known, and contentment that has never been mine, He gave me a father that I can believe in and trust as compared to my earthly father that treated me so horribly.

3. He took away my shame and bore it himself on the cross

4.He took away an eternity in hell that was waiting for me and gave me an eternity in heaven.

5. He loved me even before I was born.

6. He sacrificed Himself for me

So much more -

On a hill far awy
stood an old rugged cross
the emblem of suffering and shame

and that old cross was where my Jesus hung because He loved me so much He was willing to give His life so that He could bye my freedom, so that He could ransom me by the shedding of His blood.

And that is why I love God, because of all that He has done for me.

OH Praise God
Holy Holy
Praise the Lord

No comments:

Post a Comment