Wednesday, August 15, 2007

All about baby

I did not keep baby yesterday so I had the time to put up little signs. Baby came today and he saw the papers and he ran around looking at them and saying the letters and then I would tell him what the letters spelled. He does not have finesse with his pronunciation, so for W he says something that sounds like ubbel ubbel u. I do say it correctly for him but I do not make a big deal of it.
He searched for each sign and he would point and look at me to say the word and then he wanted them down, so I took them down and he stacked them up set in the floor and spread them out and pointed said the letters.
I am not sure he gets the conections of letters spell words and the words are the objects. He learns but I am not sure it is all coming togeather for him.
I am going to cut out pictures and tape them under the words and then tape it again on the objects.
He knows what a tv is so maybe I wil start there.
This is so much fun for me. It has been a long time since I saw a small child learn and you can see the understanding light his eyes up and he is so excited when he learns something new.

No comments:

Post a Comment