Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Letter I e-mailed to a former pastor's wife

I had called her early this morning and she was already gone, she is a very busy lady and the duties of a preachers wife are many. I just told her answering machine that I would e-mail her.

I wonder why so many people think it is their job in life to bring other people down?

_______________________________________________
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
**************************************************************
@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

Good morning Sister H********
THis is the reason why I called you at such a horribly early hour.

I love God and I love to talk about God and I love to go to singings and revivals-anywhere that God is being talked about or praised or loved, Buck and I want to be there.

We have been saved over 2 years, and I have been told repeatedly that I need to stop doing that cause I would get burned out and get tired of hearing about God all the time.( Mostly my sister tells me that, but I have been questioned about it by others also). (Her husband has also told us that just because we go to church al the time does not make us a Christian)Well we have not gotten tired of it and we still go as much as we can.

It is not like I am going to the grocery store, or going to do a load of laundry I am going ot worship. How does people get burned out on worshipping? I have a lump in my throat because I love to worship and I hear from others that I am going to get tired of doing it. I am frightened that I am going to come to the point that I am going to say "lets not go today I just want ot stay home"

The joy and excitement that I feel is what keeps me wanting to go to church, what do I do if it stops. I will lose everything. I will be so lost literally I will be lost, forever.

How do I keep God as the main focus of my life, how do I continue to enjoy worshipping.

ON the other hand, why do I listen to what others tell me, I know that I enjoy God being the bright and shining light in my life. I know that waking up to His love is better than waking up to what I had before. I know that having Him to lean on is so much better than trying to lean on my own strength. I know that 10 of His words of love is better than 10 thousand words from those that try to bring me down.

Thank you for being there for me when I am having a moment of childishness. And
Praise God for His love and what a wonderful feeling it is to have His arms reach around us, and lift us up. His grace is sufficient and "The Lord will perfect that which concerneth me"

How much better can it get than that.

God bless you
Love you both.

No comments:

Post a Comment