Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Whine, Whine, Whine, Whine and just a little bit of cheese

It is 9:10 am and I am watching Lifetime Movie Network and the show that I am watching is Kate's Secret. I saw this a long time ago and it was good I mean it has Merdith Baxter in it and everyone knows she is a wonderful actress.

The show is about a woman with bulimia and I do not have bulimia however I do have my own food issues, I love to eat I love the texture of food I love the way feels in my mouth I love the feeling of satisfaction that having a full tummy gives me. I know that this feeling is tied to my childhood ,I have memories of sexual abuse, and then being given food when I cried. So I have my own issues and my own demons that I have to exorcise. But this whine is not about that. THis whine is about the fact that I do not feel that I belong. ANYWHERE

I have my church family and I love them becasue they are my Christian brothers and sisters. But none of them cares at all about being overweight and trust me a lot of them are overweight. I have a weight loss board that I go to but the majority of them talk like they are x sailors, and I am not comfortable hearing that kind of talk, although they are respectful of me and would never say anything to hurt my feelings, except for the cursing and really x rated bedroom type talking. I belong to another board but they seem to not have any considerations or feelings of respect one to another and I dont feel I belong there either.

I would love to find a support forum for older women. We have different ways of thinking, especially if we are Christian. Being thoughtful and considerate is something that I hold high in importance. We have no periods, but we do have menopause symptoms. We no longer deal with children of our own but most of us take care of grandchildren either as a service we freely give to our children as an act of love for them, and the special time we spend with the grandchildren, (I am grateful for the time I spend with grandson and I do not charge ) or as a way of making just a bit of money.

Most of us don't worry quite as much about money, and we are beginning to suffer age related problems, losing eyesight and hearing, arthritus, etc.

Our problems are different and our ways of looking at things are different. Let me think about this some. I may start a board for over 50. I wonder if anyone would be interested in joining. I have started 2 other boards and people have joined but they don't post anything. So I get impatient and delete the board. Maybe this time it will be different.

MORE WHINE
Also today I am still sick. I am weak from the allergies that have decided to just linger on and on and on. Daughter and her Husband have both had a very grueling week at their jobs and I have had the baby a lot this week. As much as I love him and enjoy him this week I have not had the energy to spend with him and he is a good baby but still he needs attention and I have not felt like doing anything except read to him and cuddle and watch barney with him.

My husband picked some fresh field peas and I need to get them shelled and put in the freezer. I will do it, it will just take me a longer time to do it. I might wait till tomorrow because if nothing comes up my son in law will have tomorrow off and I will not have the baby. I will have all day to work on the peas.

OK how many of you read all of this? lol Mostly I wrote it just to get it out of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment