Thursday, April 14, 2011

Sometimes I surprise myself with just how strong I can be-

today was not one of those days, for some reason I don't feel bad about it.  Wonder if that is a bad sign.  Have I flung my hands in the air in helpless resignation to the fact that I am on a run away train and I might as well sit back and enjoy the scenery?  I did eat a bit too much maybe over 2000 but less than 2500.  AndI am full but I started drinking and just can not stop.  I love unsweetened black tea and that is what I am drinking.  In the last 4 hours I have drunk about 24 ounces of tea.  I am full I can't figure out why I am so thirsty.  I did not eat anything that was high sodium, squash, fresh whole corn, sweet peas, ground beef patty mixed with small amount of oatmeal, and  a small amount of whole grain bread crumbs. I season mostly with spices. Oh and some sweet onions.

I walked twice today because dh was not here and I had the time and I love to walk.  On the way back from the2nd walk I twisted my knee and it is swollen.  I was supposed to go help dh tomorrow. He is removing wall paper and he does not have the patience for it so I offered to go do that for him while he works on another part of the house he is working on.  It is a parsonage.  I guess they are getting a new pastor and that pastor wants paint on the walls instead of wallpaper.  Maybe the wall paper is old and torn.  I don't know but that goes along with the work that dh does.  I might not can go now.  It is close to home so I could go and try and then if it hurts dh can bring me back home.   Just have to keep praying.

My grandson has been chosen to read a poem in front of the entire school (grades 4k, 5k, 1st grade, 2nd grade, and 3rd grade, and all of the mothers, for a mothers day program. I am going to try to go,  after all I am a mother of a mother, and that should count for something. I am so proud, he is just in 5k, and he is reading on a 3rd grade level. 


PRAISE YOU LORD

The thought of You stirs us so
deeply that we cannot be content
unless we praise You, because You
have made us for Yourself and our
hearts find no peace until they rest
in You

ST. AUGUSTINE

Have a great night, sleep well
love you
God bless

1 comment:

  1. Love that quote Joy! Congratulations on being the grandmother of a very smart (and cute!) little boy!

    ReplyDelete