Monday, April 18, 2011

My day went down and then up

My sister called me first thing this morning and she just talked and talked and talked  (insert the word brag)
I know that everyone mentions how proud they are of their grandson (waving hand in the air screaming -me me me)But truly I know that one or two sentances is enough.   15 minutes ack

Then I went for a walk and I saw a snapping turtle, it was as big as a salad plate.  I was not sure it was a snapping turtle so I put my "attack stick" to his mouth and really that turtle snapped down on it and my stick is metal and his teeth left a scratch on the metal. Wow--- I love being out in the woods-wonder if I am related to Daniel Boone?  I wish I could write poetry cause everything in me wants to write down how I felt when I saw that turtle.  One day I saw a red fox, I  know it was a fox because of the bushy tail.  I stopped walking and just watched him.  There is a stream beside the fire trail and he went down to the water drank and dthen came slowly back up.  He watched me for a minute then walked into the woods.

Once I saw a wild turkey, that was a beautiful bird,  and he was big .. Sometimes I see snakes but not very often. Once I saw an otter in the stream,  I know it was an otter and not a beaver. what I saw did not have a flat tail.

Grandbaby is sick again.  I tried to tell my daughter that they need to consider maybe eating a little healthier. Maybe less snacks and more fruit and vegetables.  She was respectful, she knows that I want the best for them.  But I think she might have gotten a little bit aggravated at me.  I know for a fact that when they are at home they go the easy way-especially son in law-he will just give grandbaby a bag of chips for lunch instead of cooking something/ Son in law snacks all the time and he does not see anything wrong with letting baby eat that way.

I ate very good today, I got a wide variety of vitamins from my fruit and vegetables.  plus I kept the calories below 1400.  I am pleased 

I did not do the weights today BUT  I did put my garden in ///all by hand////.  I put in 12 tomatoe plants, I put in 24 cucumber plants and then I started planting seeds-2 rows of squash and 2 fairly long rows of okra.I did not have room to put in my broccoli or cauliflower or brussel sprouts.  I will put them in for a fall crop.

Remember me telling you about my little rabbit buddy.  I am worried that he will like my vegetables as much as I do.  I refuse to hurt him, I hope that I can find something to make him stay out of the garden.  I will have to google it.

Dh is home and he said soemthing about going for a walk.  I love it when we walk togeather.  Even though I am tired  I am going for a walk with him.  Maybe the turtle will still be there.

Sleep well
God bless

1 comment:

  1. Wow, Joy, it sounds like you have a nice bit of wildlife in your area! Did you go for a walk, and did you see the turtle? I remember people telling me back home something about, if a snapping turtle bites you, it won't let go till lightning strikes?? You ever heard that one? lol.

    Love ya, and God bless!

    ReplyDelete