Wednesday, April 20, 2011

I have a full day lots of things to do

It is noon and I have already finished my 2 mile walk and ironed for 1 and 1/2 hours .  I have started laundry soon to hang them up to dry.  I like to hang my clothes as opposed to putting them in the dryer- it makes them smell fresh, makes them last longer , savfes on the electric bill and gives me extra exercise.   BUT if I were pressed for time I would throw them in the dryer.

I have started cooking for later and and after lunch I will go help dh on his job. 

Josie I saw the turtle on my walk through the woods and I have heard the old saying only what I heard was "if a snapping turtle bites you he won't release you until the sun goes down.""  If it had bit me it would have really hurt cause he actually left a mark on my metal pole. 

I need to get busy- like I said I have a lot to do and I want to rest a bit before church tonight.

I finished reading Jude this morning and next is Revelations.   I find Revelations just a little confusing,  I know that it should not be but it is.  But I will read it anyway, and I will start each day with a prayer that God will give me the understanding that I need. 

Revelation



 Chapter 1

1 The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave unto him, to shew unto his servants things which must shortly come to pass; and he sent and signified it by his angel unto his servant John:
2 Who bare record of the word of God, and of the testimony of Jesus Christ, and of all things that he saw.

3 Blessed is he that readeth, and they that hear the words of this prophecy, and keep those things which are written therein: for the time is at hand.

4 John to the seven churches which are in Asia: Grace be unto you, and peace, from him which is, and which was, and which is to come; and from the seven Spirits which are before his throne;

5 And from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, and the first begotten of the dead, and the prince of the kings of the earth. Unto him that loved us, and washed us from our sins in his own blood,

6 And hath made us kings and priests unto God and his Father; to him be glory and dominion for ever and ever. Amen.

7 Behold, he cometh with clouds; and every eye shall see him, and they also which pierced him: and all kindreds of the earth shall wail because of him. Even so, Amen.

8 I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty.

9 I John, who also am your brother, and companion in tribulation, and in the kingdom and patience of Jesus Christ, was in the isle that is called Patmos, for the word of God, and for the testimony of Jesus Christ.


May  the Lord bless and keep each of you
Have a wonderful day

1 comment:

  1. I've got a busy day this afternoon, too, Joy. I wish you well in all your endeavors, especially in reading Revelations. The truth is that I don't really read it that much. I don't get it, and I have heard different preachers say radically different things about it, and I guess I'm scared to latch onto the wrong interpretation? Some say the things in it have already happened. As ignorant as I am about Revelation, I don't know I believe that. But all that shouldn't be an excuse for me not reading it, though.

    Have a blessed church service!

    ReplyDelete