Thursday, April 21, 2011

I checked the site out and

It really is very interesting. I filled in the bleanks on the first page to see how many calories that I should eat to keep my weight just like it is-cant remember exactly but it was over 2000-well with me eating usually below 1500 calories a day and dwith me exercising the way I do I should be a size 10. LOL But it was fun.
http://fitbie.msn.com/fit_tools/daily_calories?height_1&height_2&h_unit=0&weight&w_unit=0&


This morning I walked and then came home and cleaned and swept and vacumned and straightened. I have family coming in on Saturday. I love Easter, resurrection day, It is just a beautiful celebration. BUT I think the importance of Easter is in our heart more than it is in a day. In other words we are getting togeather on Saturday to celebrate this wonderful day. And I refuse to stay out of church to be with family that can come on Saturday. How do you feel about it?



I am baking a smoked ham and making a green bean casserole and deviled eggs, and brown and serve rolls, a little potatoe salad just for my dh. Maybe I will make a cake-I have all the ingredients for it. I just do not want anything that is high calorie left here . Dh is diabetic, I let him splurge once in a while. He is so like a child sometimes cause if it is here he wants it, He has a sweet tooth bigger than his mouth.



At 1:00 I went out and pushed my mower over the back yard. Tomorrow I will get the front. Most people have a riding mower, and dh wanted one but I said no because it is such good exercise.


Sat. night I will be in a dress rehearsal for our Easter play. It is going to be all about the resurrection. I am not really in the play I will be helping everyone with there costumes and helping prep them with their lines and filling in just in case someone does not show up. I am excited about being involved with the play.



I got a lot of exercise and my calories were below 1500. I keep thinking about how uncomfortable I was in my new dress, and right now that is keeping me from craving anything. Every time I start wanting something I tell myself "misery in the new dress" and that stops me .



I don't know what the title of this poem is but I liked it-


I CAME TO THE SWIFT, RAGING RIVER,

AND THE ROAR HELD THE ECHO OF FEAR;

"OH, LORD GIVE ME WINGS TO FLY OVER,

IF YOU ARE, AS YOU PROMISED, QUITE NEAR"



BUT HE SAID, "TRUST THE GRACE I AM GIVING,

ALL-PERVASIVE, SUFFICIENT FOR YOU,

TAKE MY HAND--WE WILL FACE IT TOGETHER,

BUT MY PLAN IS NOT OVER, BUT THROUGH."

by


LEE WEBBER



Sleep well everyone and God bless

1 comment:

  1. What a great post, Joy! I love these poems you are posting. Are they all out of the same book you bought?

    I am going to hop over to that site and see how many calories it says I should be eating (LOL).

    I think it makes sense for you to go to church, even with family hanging around. A lot of my family are very prone to want to stay home -or want me to stay home- when there's a gathering or on a holiday. But I think the holidays are the times we should want to be in the House of the Lord!

    You said something here that I've thought about more this year than maybe any other, and i think it ought to be the Christian's theme, that Easter (and Christmas) are every day! I do enjoy celebrating, but I don't like thinking about the end of the celebration as the end of the purpose!

    I would totally say, bake the cake! Although, I know how dangerous that is if it's left hanging around the house. I, too, am doing ham. Have been going forth about adding green bean casserole to the menu. It's my favorite side and I might eat it all. I'm also baking a cake and a banana pudding BUT I'm taking them to a potluck. That's a good excuse, right? ;) Don't answer that.

    Love ya, and God bless!

    ReplyDelete