Friday, April 22, 2011

A little this and a little that

This morning it misted rain and I went walking anyway.  What a glorius feeling, walking in the light mist, and hearing birds, and thanking the Lord for walking with me.   I asked God to loet the rain stay away until I got back, and it did.  I did some fast walking and some running.  And right after I got back the rain came.  

I bought some sandles today, they are criss cross white and eggshell.  They have a very low heel -usually I don't wear any heel because I am flat footed totally and I have always been afraid that I would damage my feet even more.  But I tried them on and walked a bit and they were ok.  So here is hoping that I will not fall, like Isaid they are only about 1 and 1/2 inches high.  

Today I ate, orange, 1/2 apple, turkey breast on salad,  low calorie ranch dressing,(I prefer blu cheese, but it is so high in calories and I can not find a good tasting one that is low calorie, so Isave that indulgence to once or twice a year.)  what else,  hmmmmmm-cheerios, blueberries,  and coffee, and black tea, and milk, and cheese, cucumber and carrots on the salad, oh and tomatoe,  

I walked for 2 miles today and then this avternoon I did a leslie video,, now I like her videos you do marching in place, knee ups, back kicks , side steps, and since I have not done any weights this week even though I had the best of intentions, I decided that while I  did the video I would hold the 3 pound weights, WELL that did not last very long-I did not realize that I had gotten  so out of practice.  So after ten minutes I swapped them in for my 2 pound weights. I did a 45 minute video.  It is called leslie sansonnes 3 mile walk and she says that when you finish it you will be burned off the same amount of calories as if you had walked 3 miles.  Add the weights that I did and maybe I burned of a hundred more calories.

My family will be here tomorrow to celebrate Easter w/dh and me.  We decided against cake, (just a pile of empty calories) We are going to have ice cream(still high in calories but it has milk in it and somehow does not seem as bad as cake.) of course what is ice cram without chocolate sauce, or nuts, or cherries. LOLOLOL    It is just one day and I can handle it, i hope.

Dress rehearsal tomorrow night at my church,  and baby will be with me, I hope that he will be on his best behavior but you just never know with children.  DH has something he wants to do so that puts him with me and me at the church helping with the play.  Lets hope everything goes ok. 

Josie the poem I used yesterday came from a book called A Heart of Wisdom.  A friend gave it to me and it has been a very inspirational and moving  book. 

This next poem is  sweet. It is not fancy but it is really nice. It is by Joanna Fuchs, And I just love her poems;.






Easter Joy

Jesus came to earth,

To show us how to live,

How to put others first,

How to love and how to give.



Then He set about His work,

That God sent Him to do;

He took our punishment on Himself;

He made us clean and new.


He could have saved Himself,

Calling angels from above,

But He chose to pay our price for sin;

He paid it out of love.


Our Lord died on Good Friday,

But the cross did not destroy

His resurrection on Easter morn

That fills our hearts with joy.


Now we know our earthly death,

Like His, is just a rest.

We'll be forever with Him

In heaven, where life is best.


So we live our lives for Jesus,

Think of Him in all we do.

Thank you Savior; Thank you Lord.

Help us love like you!

By

Joanna Fuchs

_____________________

Have a safe evening
God bless

2 comments:

  1. I love walking in the rain - it's one of the things I miss most about living in the high desert! Here you can't walk in the rain, because when it rains there's usually lightening to go with it, and I don't want to get zapped. I miss Oregon....*sigh*...

    I'm glad you went anyway- aren't those tiny blessings awesome? You know God's watching out for you when he keeps the rain away just long enough!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to have to look up the lady who wrote that poem, Joy. Simple is best in my book. I think about all the ways we complicate life. Jesus and His message were very simple. Thank you for your constant Christian encouragement!

    Here's hoping the dress rehearsal goes well and the baby behaves! Enjoy your Easter and ice cream with trimmings. I just found the best banana bread recipe I've ever tried- which is not a good thing! Empty calories like you said, maybe not the banana lol. I had some this morning, and I can still feel it.

    No more holidays after Sunday, right? ;)

    love ya, and God bless!

    ReplyDelete