Friday, April 29, 2011

grandson, chicken breast, oatmeal, shopping, aldis, Roses

Grandson went home today.  He came here Sunday afternoon and he stayed until noon today.  I really enjoy my grandchildren, and I wish i could see the older two more often and I am grateful that I get to be such an important part of the youngests life.  My family calls him the Ry-guy.  I don't know why or how it started but it stuck. He is a hoot.  He told me this morning that "when we play chase you don't have to run hard because you're old and it might hurt you".  And this morning he was talking about archaology, i asked him if he knew what that was and he said the study of old bones and ancient things.He actually used the word ancient in the right context.  He was talking in spanish today. He said "Juwain???"(that is what it sounded like)and him were friends and Juwain talks like that.  He wants to play chess and now he wants to learn to tell time. 

I wonder if this kind of curiosity is normal.  Remember that my children are in their 30s it has been a long time since they were young.  But I do know that mine did not know who the president was when they were 5,  or if they did they did not talk about it, Ry does know and he talks about him.

I found a wonderful recipe and fixed it today it is a pineapple glazed chicken breast. 

2 chicken breasts cut into thumbsized pieces
2 tablespoons soy sauce
1 T. lemon juice
1 20 oz. can pineapple tidbits
2tablespoons honey

Use a pan big enough to hold all of the chicken, medium high heat turn pieces untill browned.

Combine honey, soy sauce, lemon juice, and mix well then add pineapple juice reserving the chunks.

Pour over the browned chicken  and cook on a low simmer for 5 to 10 minutes.

Add the pinapple chunks,cover  and simmer for just a few minutes longer,

Serve warm and if any mixture remains, spoon over the chicken.

This is super delicious and 4 ounces only has 351 calories.

----------------------------------------------

This morning I fixed oatmeal, for my breakfast and I do not like just plain oatmeal SOOOOOOOO I made some minor changes.  I have some food allergies and I can not eat the instant oatmeal.  I prepared the stone ground  oatmeal and when it was almost done I added a dash of cinnamon and 1/4 cup berries and a T.spoon of honey, then about 2 Tablespoons of applesauce.  That was so very good.  It satisfied as well as kept me feeling energetic until much later.    Did you know that eating blueberries helps to prevent cataracs?

Dh finished that huge house he was working on and then he and I went grocery shopping at aldis.  But I told him that I wanted to run into Roses for a moment and they had some of the cutest tops in there.  They were only 7 dollars apiece so I got 2 of them- I love shopping for clothes.'They were actually sheer overshirts.  And I have the perfect shell and skirt to wear with one and a simple black sleeveless dress to wear with the other.

When I was a child Mom told me often that I was fat and I could not fit in the clothes that other girls wore.  So I had to wear clothes that were for old people and she would hem them up a bit so they would not be too long.  I really believed her.  I can remember some of the clothes that I wore, they were too big, and drab, and plain. 
Even as an adult I thought that clothes that looked nice would never fit me.   But in time I found that there were pretty clothes out there for large women.  Now I love to buy clothes I love to have color in my clothes, I want my clothes to look as happy as my heart feels. 

We went to aldis and bought groceries-who doesn't like going there to save money. If we had bought these groceries anywhere else I think it would have cost us about 75 dollars we only paid 54.

I am not going to list what I ate today
BUT
it was 1395 calories
and exercise was leslie sansone 5 mile walk at home advanced workout.


A SECURE HOME

The bible does not say very much
about homes; it ays a great deal
about the things that make them.
It speaks about life and love and
joy and peace and rest.  If we get a
house and put these into it,
we shall have a secured home.

JOHN HENRY JOWETT

Sleep well everyone
I love each of you
May God bless and keep you

1 comment:

  1. That pineapple chicken sounds awesome, Joy! I'm sorry you have the allergy. How is the stone ground oatmeal? I've heard it's got a great texture; have always wanted to try it. No, I did not know that about blueberries, but they are a staple here. I eat them in oatmeal a lot. Great deal on the clothes! I can remember being a child and having to wear frumpy womens clothes and thinking I'd never be able to wear girl clothes. But good deal on shopping today!

    PS: I'm going to the mountains tomorrow. I don't know if I'll be at Maggie Valley but likely close. If I take any good pics I'll send them to you.

    Love ya, and God bless!

    ReplyDelete