Tuesday, April 26, 2011

baby, laundry, mowing, food and calories

This has been a very enjoyable day----



So Baby is here with me and he was very good while I mowed,  I kept checking on him and he was playing chess on my computer.  Please don't think that he is a genuis for playing chess, he does not do very well at it but he is interested in learning.  He does have some of the moves down, and he understands the basic concept of some of the pieces.  It has been years since I played and I am having to relearn all of it.  The last time I played I don't think my dd was even born, and she just turned 34. But I have a chess game for the computer that my son gave me a few years ago. It teaches the moves on the elementary level.  It kept him busy for a couple of hours. I never even put it into my computer until today.

After mowing I came back in and did laundry straightened the house, cooked for me and baby. And then he wanted to play chase, so I ran and he ran and I tried to stay away from him.  But he runs a lot faster than I do.  You think it might be my age that is slowing me down?
I played with some of his toys that he calls bactogons (speled phonetically).They are round balls about an inch and a half across and you roll them across a magnetic card and it turns into  different things like one is a robot and one is a snake and one is a spider and on and on. 

I ate good today, I love eating healthy, it seems to give me energy and I feel that I do something for me when I eat high antioxidant foods.  I probably won't do this every day but for today here goes

coffee
cereal
milk
strawberries

salad w/ many veriets of baby leafy greens
1/2 apple
tuna
2 boiled eggs-whites only
samll amount of shredded cheese
dressing

brussel sprouts \
 broccoli    all vegetables were steamed in the microwave.
 okra
cup sweet peas /
1 and 1/2 talapia fillets

calories were 1375

it was all  filling and I was satisfied

Exercise was mowing for over an hour with a push mower, and letting the baby chase me,  and I almost want to count getting down on the floor and back up again as a workout. lol

SMALL PLEASURES

Happiness consists more in small
conveniences or pleasures that
occur every day, than in great
pieces of good fortune that happen
but seldom, to a man in the course
of his life.
by
BENJAMIN FRANKLIN


sleep well my friends
God bless

2 comments:

  1. Love that quote, Joy! How great is it that your little grandson takes an interest in chess! He'll be needing you to help him get started. Looks like you ate well today, too. Go you! Love ya, and God bless!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for a great quote. We need to enjoy all of the blessings and miracles that God gives us everyday.

    ReplyDelete