Saturday, April 9, 2011

Highs and lows, and ups and downs,

This morning I woke early and spend some wonderful time with the Lord.  Satan is not happy when I do that and he kept putting some of the awful memories of my childhood to swirl around in my head.  I had to keep asking God for His help to rebuke satan, I am glad that God loves me, and He is so faithful to keep His promises. 

DD came here yesterday for a little while and when she left she forgot her pocketbook so she came back today to get it.  She brought the baby and we kept him while dd went to town for a few things and we took him to the park.  Now at the park they were having a community singing and it was all christian singing.  I was so pleased that as I played with baby I was hearing this wonderful music in the background.  Dh called some of our friends to come listen too and soon they were there and when dd came to get the baby we all just stayed and had some of the refreshments that the singers had brought.  (Of course we left a donation for them)

So back home about 5:30 and then we went walking , then dinner and then the storm came and we did have hail and thunder and lightening.  I heard a few minutes ago that 3 roads near here have been closed because of downed trees. Thank you Lord that all we had was a little hail and thunder and high winds. 

A preachers wife told me one time that worry is the opposite of faith.  Maybe so and I know that the side of me that loves the Lord has total faith./BUT the human side worries, and I was worried about the storm. 

I hope that everyone is safe tonight,
sleep well
God bless

1 comment:

  1. Here's hoping you all made it through the night. I hope you have a beautiful worship service, Joy, and, most of all, the one in your heart! I love the saying that worry is the opposite of the faith- so, so true!

    God bless you!

    Love ya!

    ReplyDelete