Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Baby, dr, cleaning, cooking food and calories

Baby spent the night  and he sleeps w/ me when he stays over.  The bed we sleep in is a huge king size bed and he has a pillow on one side and mine is on the other.  He can be hard asleep when I go to bed and within 5 minutes he has moved across the bed until he is right up against me.  He never even wakes up!!!! 

He was sick today with diarhea (thats not spelled right Is it?)so I called dd at work and told her he had went 5 times no fever and he was playing and running around, just had to go a lot .She took him to the dr.  I know that I am not a dr but really his explanation made a lot of sense.  He said-when small children have the 24 hour virus it desrupts the balance of good bacteria and bad bacteria.  The bad bacteria gets a stronger kind of bad bacteria growing in the intestines and that cause problems He prescribed probiotics for him.  and just to be on the safe side DD has to take swabs of his stool on 3 different occasions.

I cleaned some today and cooked, I made sure that I cooked healthy stuff for me and dh.  Our tastes are so different on so many foods.  I like brussel sprouts him not at all,  I like broccoli he does not-he like collards me not so much. Oh well we've been married 35 years so those minor differances are not going to cause problems now; 
I cooked southern butter beans and grilled squash and fresh corn,   ham and green beans.  Seems like there was something else but Ican't remember now.l

my foodfor today

oatmeal
berries
3 egg whites
coffee

salad  w/
1/2 orange
turkey crumbles
plums
strawberries
dressing

squash
chicken breast
fresh corn
butter beans
calories-----1385

exercise was\
playing with the baby

and after he went to the dr. dh and I went for  a 2 mile walk.  I had almost 10000 steps on my pedometer.


I know that God wants me to be moderate in all things, sometimes I feel so weak and out of control.  I am so glad that He sees my weakness and loves me anyway. I am a work in progress and I will continue to praise Him for His grace and His love.

ALL I NEED
O Father,. You have draped me
 in the garments of salvation and
wrapped me snugly in the robe of
righteousness.  I am beautifully
adorned by You---for You.
You have given me all I need to
live a joyful life, and I rejoice in
Your gifts of beauty.

author unknown


Sleep well everyone
God bless

2 comments:

  1. You're making me hungry for good food, Joy. I, too, like brussels sprouts, broccoli, and I don't like collards! How do you cook your sprouts? Have you ever sauteed them till crispy? I love them that way! Bless your little grandson. Very sweet about him moving closer to you in bed. I'm praying for him and your family.

    Love ya, and God bless!

    ReplyDelete