Monday, March 21, 2011

Why must I rate my day

Why must I determine my days as good or bad based on how I ate???????????????

I ate probably around 1700 calories today.Too many calories but   I think this was a good day because I walked a lot today.

I walked for an hour and 10 minutes this morning and then this afternoon dh wanted to walk and so I kept him company and that was another 45 minutes.  That was 17538 steps on my pedometer.  Now those steps also includes steps around the house while I did housework and daughter brought grandson over and I played chase with him.  I know it was probably a funny site to see a short overweight old lady running away from a 5 yr. old child laughing my head off.   But I had a blast letting him catch me and hearing him scream "I got you"  Then he wanted to go walking to pick yellow jasmines for his mama.

Yellow jasmines are all over the place around here.  They are really pretty and smell so sweet. 

Alright back to healthy eating.  I had one small corn meal flap jack ssprinkled with a tablespoon of shredded cheese for breakfast. It is similar to a fat tortilla. I am allergic to flour so I can't have pancake., I get hives all over me when I eat flour and it is absolute torment.  I have to go to the dr and get a shot.

For lunch I had one ounce of peanuts and a small naval orange;

For dinner I had a salad with, lettuce broccoli, apple, and a small amount of grilled pork chop.  I also had 1/2 of a grapefruit.  And for a snack later I had another ounce of nuts.  I will b glad when those are gone.  I should not have bought them because it is so hard for me to resist.;

I have noticed that snacking really is one of my weaknesses.  I need to get those finger type foods out of the house.  

Time to go spend a little time with dh. 

Have a blessed night everyone.

1 comment:

  1. Hi, Joy. It sounds like you're balancing eating with exercise; and at least you didn't eat 3,000 calories! I know that may not be much consolation, but it looks to me like you're very aware of what works for you and what your weaknesses are.

    I feel like you do with the rating, only I have rated myself with the scale. With Jesus in our hearts, we're about so much more than what we eat!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete