Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Tonights service, prayer,

Went to church tonight and had a wonderful service/  I love going to church, I love when it seems that everyone gets a blessing.  The sermon was from 1st kings. About the man who owned a piece of property and Jezebel used deceit and lies to get the property for her husband.

I prayed a good deal today about my health /  I know that overweight people are more prone to cancers, high blood pressure, high cholesterol,  joint pain, heart attacks, strokes,  and many other obesity related problems.  I really want to be as healthy as it is possible for me to be.  I'm 59 and I know that I can not act like I am 19 but I can be a healthy 59.  AND THAT IS WHAT I AM WORKING ON. That means more than my weight. That means exercise, vitamins and nutrients, it means anti oxidants, and omega 3 oils and so much more. Being healthy is so much more that just one side of a multi fauceted (spelling is wrong) multi demensional  diamond. IT is emotional and physical and spiritual. 

Did you know that holding hands with someone you love helps to lower your blood pressure.
Dh and I hold hands often.  When I go shopping with daughter, sometimes we hold hands and of course I hold babys hands all the time.

I try to exercise every day even when I eat like I am storing up fat for hibernation.  I actually love the way I feel after I exercise.  It is almost like a natural high.  The pleasure centers in my brain gets really happy,

I love reading the bible, I love spending time in worship, at church and at home. I love talking about God and how good He is to us. 

I usually eat up to 7-8 servings of vegetables and fruits every day.  Today I had cabbage, edamame, carrots, apple, stewed tomatoes, corn, homemade cucumber/onion relish.I had tuna, and ham, and 2 slices of whole wheat bread.   All togeather less than 1500 calories,  and I walked a total of 5 miles.

I will go for a walk in the morning around 8, I will be praying for my health and for yours.  Please join with me as we lift each other up. 

God bless you all

No comments:

Post a Comment