Thursday, March 3, 2011

Thoughts,nutrition Diva, fighting the snack monster

I noticed some time ago that if I exercised early in the day,  I did not feel the need to munch so much.  So I looked it up on google and sure enough there has been some studies done that seem to indicate the same thing.  Yesterday I exercise early and I had energy all day long and felt good, and did not have to fight myself to stop from snacking.  Same thing today.  Maybe it is all just psychological but hey if it works it works. 

I get some things from a person who calls herself Nutrition Diva.  It is very informing.  Yesterday she talked about eating breakfast and how it is supposed to be helpful to losing weight because it keeps you from getting hungry.  But she said that not everyone is the same.  Most overweight people eat (my words not hers) at the drop of a hat.  Now I do know that is true for me.  I will eat when I am sad happy, depressed joyful. I can eat when I am sick with fevers/.OR bored, or with family or by myself.  I do not have to be hungry.   

I need to make a punching bag and label in SNACK MONSTER and then when I want somthing to eat I can go beat up the snack monster.  If nothing ele it would be good exercise.   I heard a woman say one time " we should eat to live and not live to eat."  That is all well and good but how do you put this wise statement into practice. 

Today was a nice day to be out and I walked 6 miles so very pleasant out there.  Dh came home early and he walked two miles with me.  I love it when we walk togeather.  We hold hands and talk about different things. 

I ate fairly good today in no particular order here is what I ate today.  Lima beans, green beans, the last of the edamame,  potatoes, Talapia, apple,  a little bit of smoked ham. left over stewed tomatoes.  and rice cakes.  I like caramel ricecakes.  They have a bit of taste, and they are only 50 calories and you can grab one and just nibble it and make it last and it seems like you are eatng more than you really are.  I know that is another cheap phychology trick. 

I know that people read my blog I can see it in my stats.  I prayed for each person that reads here.  May the Lord bless each of us and help us to achieve a healthy way of eating.  I know He wants our bodies to be strong, and not weakened by poor food choices. 

Sleep well\
God bless

2 comments:

  1. hey, Joy, sounds like you had a good day. i have recently started walking again- it feels great! i'm not big on rice cakes at all, but the caramel corn mini ones i can't have around because i do like those!
    i tried edamame today for the first time today in a stir fry; it was very good. i had remembered reading about it in your blog.

    hope you have a good night. i'll be praying for you! love ya.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When you get that Snack Monster punching bag, get one for me too!

    I'm in the same place - started dieting and working out at the first of the year. But now i'm having to learn how to keep it up when the novelty has worn off. I've been working out almost every day, and I notice the same thing, the earlier the better. Working out in the afternoon just makes me feel more tired. Good to know that's not just a "me" weirdness! :)

    ReplyDelete