Wednesday, March 23, 2011

mowed, walked, smoking tips,

I walked 6 miles today and according to caloriesperhour.com  I burned off about 600 calories
I mowed with my non manual push mower and I burned off 320 calories

I ate 1595 calories for today.  That is pretty good.

We had to get a new mower.  The old one would not crank and dh worked on it and worked and worked.  He finally said he was not going to spend more time working on a mower than he spent mowing.  I told him I am the one that pushed the mower because usually he is at work and I don't work so it works out better for me to do that while he earns the money.  Nevermind he said,  any way I have a new mower.

He wants to get a riding mower and I said no----pushing a mower is really good exercise -good for weight loss good for your lungs, lowers blood pressure, lowers, diabetes. etc. I takes me 3 days to mow cause I can't push all day long I would have a heart attack. or a heat stroke.

I am listing all of my stop smoking tips   things that worked for me and other things that worked for others

sleep well everyone
God bless

Some of these tips I found out about by trying them out and some of them I researched and asked people about.





First thing is I started smoking outside and not associate smoking with anything ,I did not smoke and drink coffe or anything else.



You are going to want to smoke, admit it, and just go on from there. I had a pack of those little straws with the coolade stuff in them and those helped with the hand mouth movement. Drink lots of water and lots of orange juice, the water flusher toxins from your body and so does the orange juice and the orange juice starts replacing vitamin c that smoking leeches from the body.



When you want a cigarette then you have to do something else to get your mind off of it. The craving does not last but about 3 minutes then it leave. It will come back but again it does not last but about 3 minutes. And the cravings get farther and farther apart



.Find something to do with your hands, like crochet, needlepoint, gameboy, anything that is different from what you have been doing. Try to pinpoint your trigger points and then try to change them.



My worst time was after eating . So after meals I would get a bottle of water and go for a short walk around my house . Then I started coming to the computer and playing at pogo. Just anything to break the habits.




When I want a cigarette, I tell myself sharply NO-I DON'T SMOKE ANY MORE. I know that sounds stupid but the sound of my voice out loud kinda reinforces me.Also I had read that the hand to mouth hand movement is a hard habit to break and the person said to make your smoking hand into a fist. And at the place where your thumb curls around place your mouth and inhale , hold the breath and then exhale. And that would relieve some of the urge. I thought the only thing this would do would be to make me look stupid, but I was willing to give it a chance so, I did it and it does help a little.



When I quit smoking I had already cut back a little and had already started to drink water and Orange juice, and had started smoking outside,then I got up on May 24 and never smoked at all.




I know this is long but one more thing, I have read that people that exercise have a higer chance of quitting smoking than those that do not exercise.I think 3 to 6 days is all it takes for the nicotine to get out of your body, and after that it is just habit that makes you want a cigarette. So you need to figure out what you can do to break the habits.

1 comment:

  1. Great tips, Joy. Very cool about the koolaid straws. I definitely never thought of that. Interesting facts. Glad you had a good day, friend.

    ReplyDelete