Tuesday, March 29, 2011

My day has not gone the way I'd planned

My grandbaby got sick yesterday at school and dd had to go get him.  He was sick during the night running fever and throwing up so of course he could not go to school today.  At 6 this morning I get a call from her asking ifshe can bring him to me;. of course I said yes.  Even sick I value the time I have with him and I am so happy that I am in a situation that I can help my dd out when she needs someone.  I never could understand why mom did not want to help us.  She never cared anything about seeing her grandchildren.  I feel compassion for her because she simply does not know what she is missing. 

Anyway, my house is a mess, and I only got one load of clothes done.  But you know what, it don't really matter what my house looks like and I knopw that i have enough clothes that I will not have to wear dirty clothes or go naked.  AND tomorrow is another day Icando stuff tomorrow,

I read a quote today and I know that I can not remember exactly what it said but something like this--They may not remember exactly what you said but they will never forget how you made them feel.  A long time ago I was working at the beach and this really old american indian came in andstarted talking.  He had to be in his 80's -hewas very interesting.   One of the things he said was when you die all that you are is the memories you leave behind.   I never forgot it, how profound is that. 

Anyway tomorrow I will work, and dh does not have a job this week so we are going to work in our garden getting it ready for the summer.  I hope to plant tomatoes okra cucumbers and summer squash. 

Sleep well everyone
God bless

1 comment:

  1. Joy, aren't you glad you can be the mother you wish you'd had, and the grandmother your daughter didn't have.
    Here's hoping the grandbaby gets better soon! Your garden has my mouth watering! nothing better than fried squash...i mean, fresh squash sauteed in no-fat butter spray! ;)
    have a good night, dear, and God bless! love ya.

    ReplyDelete