Tuesday, July 24, 2012

my fitness pal

Yesterday morning ealry say 4:00 am grandson woke us up complaing about itching and sure enough it looked like he had been bitten sev eral times.  This morning at 2:20 agaoin on ly tis time it was widespread and looked just like I looked when the hives were trying to cover my body.  So off to the dr. early and seems thaqt he is allergic to something and now he is on steroids to bring down the swelling and something else to reduce the itching.

Now the dr. saw that I was there with the child and after she took care of him she said, that I need to really get something done about my gaining weight (her words were much nicer than mine, I am paraphrasing) and she has put me on a appetite suppresant. I do not like taking pills.  and there are side affects but on the other hand if it helps, will it be worth some diarrea ok I know that is spelled wrong .   I feel myself going into chicken little mode screaming oh no the sky is going to fall.

she wrote the perscription for it, I cant remember the name of it.

the dr. told me about a site on the computer called my fitness pal and how easy it is to keep up with what you eat.  I checked it out and really do like it. and it is easy to learn what to do and how to use it.


That see saw just goes up and down and up and down

Life could be so much worse,

my friends husband has copd, and he has only been given  a matter of months to live. hospice has come in to help out and she told me that she is sitting there day after day watching him slowly die and she feels that she is going to go crazy, watching him deteriorate in front of her eyes.
He is ready to meet the Lord but it is still so hard on her.  Pray for her and him please.

God bless you all
and I pray that we remember to count our blessings every day.

3 comments:

  1. Joy! Perhaps the doctors should find out if there is a physical problem causing your weight gain rather than just assuming that you're eating to much and drugging you.

    Does your calorie count show that you're eating enough to gain weight? Could you be having a thyroid problem?

    I think that unless your eating an amount that supports weight gain, I'd ask for a good physical before taking this drug.

    Just my opinion, dearheart, I could be wrong. Ask God.

    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree I did tell them that something was broken. I am already taking synthyroid. But the weight just keeps creeping up. She recently took another blood test and it came back normal. So what else can it be except my food intake, :) I am going to give it a try. The name of it is Adipex. Well first I am going to google it and see what is being said about it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, Joy. I had a friend from high school who took Adipex and lost a lot of weight. Although I am with you on not liking to take pills. And who knows . . . . Like Deb suggested, maybe there is a possibility of a thyroid problem or something? I am no doctor, but not everyone gets fat eating 1,700 calories a day. I hope this gets checked out for you.

    A man from church here died of COPD just after Christmas. I am praying for your friend and her husband, and you and your family.

    <3

    ReplyDelete