Friday, July 20, 2012

my bucket is being dumped out

you know how when you kick a bucket of water over it all goes out all over the place.  I am not happy with the call from my dr. so here it is


she said that I may be undrestimating my calories (possibly sometimes but not as a general rule-I measure and weigh)  she said that averaged out for the week-I eat more than 1700 calories-possibly but I really do not WANT to think so.  After all if I think that then I also have to say l that I am responsible for my weight and who wants to think that?????

So I have to start weighing and measuring everything and she emphasized everything to get an accurate picture of what I eat-making sure that the majority is totally healthy and cooked without butters or oils.

Also I have to start exercising, now I took in a journal of 8 days wihich is typical of my weeks of food and activity.
Monday is foodbank and after I get home  I usually walk for 1/2 hour
Thesday is mowing w/push mower for 1 hour and then walking
Wed. is mowing and then walking/working out wih hand weights.
Thurs. is food bank and walking
Fri. is finishing mowing and walking
Sat. was walking and house work and laundry etc.-now I have started cleaning condos on Sat.
Sun is the Lords day.

so now along with all that I do I have to start doing situps (crunchs) and stretching etc. and more weights, and maybe I will try some other type of vidio like tae bo. 
It is going to be so dissapointing if it has been my own fault all  along.  In am like adam in the garden, I want to blame someone else.

The bucket is now empty.

Have a blessed day everyone

2 comments:

  1. Hmmm. I can't judge the calorie info, of course, but it seems to me that your level of activity is pretty good. Are you sure that the MD really READ your journal or listened to you if you read it to her?

    She sounds like an old school, low fat kind of girl. :{ She probably told you to eat plenty of healthy carbohydrates, too. sigh.

    Not everyone benefits from a high carb, low fat diet. It is wise to count your calories, but you need to see what food works for you.

    I wish you well!

    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can do this, Joy. I know you are trying. I'm with Deb in wondering whether the doc read your journal. I know how easy it is to under-estimate calories, even when you are trying not to. But you weigh food, and you've written a lot here in the past about what you eat and how much, and have lost weight. I truly believe, whatever the deal is, it doesn't have to take you down! I pray the best for you, the Lord's will be done.

    PS: I like the Adam analogy. It's one that we *all* have in common! Don't be disappointed, Joy, no matter the cause. Spend that energy learning from it, and improving! I have always admired your exercise drive!

    <3 I can't wait till little BB runs you ragged. ;) Love ya!

    ReplyDelete